Triple Crown season is almost here, so regardless of whether fancy hats are your thing or not, don't forget to accessorize with jewelry for the occasion!
Some Triple Crown fun facts:
1. It's officially known as the 'Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing'.
2. It's a series of horse races for three-year-old Thoroughbreds, consisting of the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes.
3. The races are traditionally run in May and early June of each year, although occasionally schedule adjustments have resulted due to global events, such as in 1945 and 2020.
4. The three races were inaugurated in different years, the last being the Kentucky Derby in 1875.
5. The Triple Crown Trophy was commissioned in 1950 but awarded to all previous winners as well as those after 1950, and is awarded to a horse who wins all three races and is thereafter designated as a 'Triple Crown winner'.
6. The first winner of all three Triple Crown races was Sir Barton in 1919.
7. The most expensive horse ever sold was Fusaichi Pegasus in 2000 for a whopping $70,000,000!
8. There have been a total of 13 Triple Crown winners.
9. The longest gap between Triple Crown winners was 35 years!
10. No filly (young female horse) has ever won the Triple Crown.
11. No other horse who raced in the Triple Crown was faster than Secretariat.
12. Rich Strike won last years Kentucky Derby.
Looking to mark the occasion with some Equestrian Jewelry? Shop here for more...