If you were born in May, you probably already know that the emerald is one of your birthstones, but are you aware of how amazing these gemstones actually are? Below are eleven amazing facts about the emerald gemstone...
1. The oldest emeralds are 2.97 billion years old.
2. The first know emeralds were mined in Egypt in 1500BC.
3. Emeralds are said to be one of Cleopatra's favorite stones.
4. It is one of the four recognized precious gemstones, the others are ruby, sapphire and diamond.
5. Emeralds are made from Beryl, just like aquamarine.
6. It gets it's green hue from chromium and vanadium.
7. Emeralds are said to guard against memory loss and enhance intuition.
8. The emerald is a symbol of wealth and abundance.
9. It is a stone of manifestation.
10. The emerald is known to relieve stress.
11. Emeralds symbolize youthfulness and rejuvenation.