Did you know...
1. The oldest emeralds are 2.97 billion years old.
2. The first known emeralds were mined in Egypt in 1500BC.
3. Emeralds are said to be one of Cleopatra's favorite stones.
4. Emeralds are one of the four recognized precious gemstones, the others are ruby, sapphire and diamond.
5. Emeralds are also one of the five 'cardinal' gemstones, the others are amethyst, ruby sapphire and diamond.
6. Emeralds are made from Beryl, just like aquamarine.
7. It gets it's green hue from chromium and vanadium.
8. The emerald is a symbol of wealth and abundance.
9. It is a stone of manifestation.
10. Emeralds are said to guard against memory loss and enhance intuition.
11. The emerald is known to relieve stress.
12. Emeralds symbolize youthfulness and rejuvenation.
Can't get enough of emeralds? Shop here for more emerald goodness as well as other enticing jewelry for May!