It's Triple Crown season, so regardless of whether fancy hats are your thing or not, don't forget to accessorize with jewelry for the occasion!
Some Triple Crown fun facts:
Did you know...
* It's officially known as the 'Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing'
* It's a series of horse races for three-year-old Thoroughbreds, consisting of the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes.
* The races are traditionally run in May and early June of each year, although occasionally schedule adjustments have resulted due to global events, such as in 1945 and 2020.
* The three races were inaugurated in different years, the last being the Kentucky Derby in 1875.
* The Triple Crown Trophy was commissioned in 1950 but awarded to all previous winners as well as those after 1950, and is awarded to a horse who wins all three races and is thereafter designated as a 'Triple Crown winner'.
* The first winner of all three Triple Crown races was Sir Barton in 1919.
* The most expensive horse ever sold was Fusaichi Pegasus in 2000 for a whopping $70,000,000!
* Rich Strike won this years Kentucky Derby.
* Rich Strike will be skipping the Preakness in the interest of rest and recovery for the horse. His withdrawal from Preakness will end the horse's chances at going for the Triple Crown, however he is scheduled to race in the Belmont Stakes.