Pearls are the perfect stone for you if you’re looking for a timeless gem that will look beautiful, elegant, enhance your beauty, and provide many healing properties.
Below are 11 pearly fun facts...
1. Long ago, before pearls were cultured, they were very hard to find and harvest. Therefore, when wisdom is given, treasure it like a rare pearl. Pearls symbolize wisdom, hence the phrase: "pearls of wisdom"
2. Since the dawn of time, pearls have been valued as a symbol of wealth
3. Pearls are one of the three birthstones for June, and are the only gemstone made by living creatures in both fresh and salt water.
4. Pearls are the gem of the sea as they are made when mollusks deposit layers of calcium carbonate around microscopic irritants that get lodged in their shells, such as a grain of sand
5. They are said to offer protection and security
6. Pearls are know for their calming and balancing effects, and will ground and center you no matter how much chaos life throws at you. They stabilize your moods and relieve feelings of tension, anxiety, and nervousness.
7. Pearls have a multitude of physical healing properties. They have been used throughout history to help treat the digestive tract, muscular systems and skin ailments such as rosacea and acne.
8. Pearls are also prized by magicians, witches, and are protective talismans against unwanted energies.
9. Pearls symbolize purity and innocence, which is why it’s a tradition for a bride to wear pearls on her wedding day.
10. They are frequently gifted on 1st, 3rd, 12th and 30th wedding anniversaries.
11. Pearls are an appropriate gift for girls of all ages!
Pearls are one of the most popular gems in the world. Their serene beauty makes them the perfect complement to flashier gemstones, yet they possess an elegance that allows them to shine alone.
In need of some pearly jewelry? Shop pearl jewelry here.